Do you like my clickbait as fuck title? 😉
I utterly disagree with the subject. Switches can be Dominant, and some of the best Dominants I have ever encountered have been switches.
I’ve received some comments on and off about switches not being Dominant or not fitting into an idiot’s limited view of Domination. If some of them read through my blog entries they would be able to see that they questions had already been answered, several times, in fact. I’ve been into BDSM in varying degrees since I was about sixteen. Yes, I was underage and no I absolutely do not recommend it to anyone.
Switches can be Dominant.
Switches can be submissive.
Why is it so hard for people to understand that people can be variable? They don’t need to fit into little boxes to suit your limited world view. Every switch is different. Just like every Dominant is different. And every submissive is different.
Here is a loose summary of some different switches that I have met over the years.
- Some sub to only one partner.
- Some Dom only one partner.
- Some are submissive to one gender yet Dominate with another.
- Some are submissive to a particular race.
- Some are Dominant for certain kinks and others are submissive.
- Some switch about 50% of the time.
- Some lean towards Dominant.
- Some lead towards submissive.
Now there are a variety of reasons why some people switch. Here are some that I have heard and I would like to share. To be fair, some of these could be applied for topping/bottoming as well and there is some overlap.
- It is a need they have.
- They are able to learn fresh skills and get refreshers for various things.
- It helps them get into their submissive’s head better.
- Denying one part of themselves would be lying about who they are.
- They do not like the restrictive mindset that some kinksters have and are open to a variety of experiences.
- It feels right for them.
This isn’t quite the same thing. I have heard that some people think that were submissives cannot make good Dominants. I can understand while some Dominants don’t align with being submissive, and that is perfectly okay. Again. Why limit other people to your own view of the world? I think part of this comes from an ignorant standpoint about how submissives are viewed.
A baby wears size 00 clothes and it fit for them. No-one in the right mind would expect an adult to wear it. So why do people try to put a label on them that has not fit for some time?
It makes absolutely zero sense.
Growth and change is a thing.
Okay… I swear, no more ranting today.